Courtesy of ConcreteNetwork.com
Concrete flooring is an unconventional but solid option. Pictured flooring by Kemiko Concrete Products; installed by Specialty Hardwood & Maintenance Inc, Dallas, TX.
This mixture of cement, water, and sand or gravel isn’t just for the basement floor anymore. Color can be added to the mix, and it absorbs heat, making it ideal for a radiant heat system.
Cementitious backer board.
- As durable as tile and stone.
- The best choice if you want radiant heat.
- You’ll be surprised at the number of colors and finishes.
- Requires a sealer to prevent staining.
- Heavy and requires strong support.
- Can be a dangerously hard fall for the elderly and children.
About $15-$20 per square foot.