Choosing the Right Washer and Dryer
To help focus your selection process, ask yourself the following questions. You also can print out the questionnaire and refer to it while visiting an appliance showroom or retail store.
1. Do I prefer a front-loading or top-loading washer?
2. Do I want a gas or electric dryer?
3. What are the dimensions of my current washer and dryer? Does my current floor plan allow for changes in these dimensions? Do I want to relocate the washer and dryer or change my floor plan?
4. Will the washer and dryer be in a closet or other tight space? If so, do I want to stack them?
5. Will the washer and dryer be in a readily visible location? If so, do I want to coordinate their color, finish and styling with the rest of the room?
6. Is my available space so small that I should consider a combination washer/dryer appliance?
7. Do I want my washer and dryer placed on platforms so that I don’t have to bend down to load and unload them?
8. Are environmental considerations such as energy and water savings important to me?
9. Do I want large-capacity appliances so that I can do fewer but bigger loads of laundry, or do I need to do more frequent, smaller loads?
10. Is it important to have quiet appliances to avoid disturbing neighbors or sleeping family members?
11. Do I need a sanitizing wash cycle for heavily soiled clothing or family members with allergies?
12. Do I need just a few wash and dry cycles, or do I have multiple fabric and stain types that require a wide range of temperatures, water levels and other options?
Go to the next page for more information about prices.