To help focus your selection process, ask yourself the following questions.
You can print out the questionnaire and refer to it as you read through the site and while visiting a designer's showroom.
- Do I plan to wash or just rinse dishes in the sink?
- Do I want to set a cutting board across the sink for chopping vegetables?
- Do I need two sinks; a main one and another for prep work or entertaining?
- Where would a sink, or sinks, be most conveniently placed for my cooking needs?
- How will my countertop material affect my choice of sink material?
- Which installation method do I prefer; self-rimming, undermounted, or integral?
- Do I prefer a stainless steel or a colored sink?
- Do I prefer a single, double, or triple bowl?
- Do I want a faucet high enough for me to fill tall pots?
- Do I need one by the stove for easy access while I'm cooking?
- How will it be attached to the sink, countertop, or wall?
- Do I want it to filter my water?
- Do I need a spray on the faucet?
- What kind of handle style do I like? Do I prefer single, lever, or dual controls? Curved or straight lines?