Kitchen Under $40,000 2
Old World Kitchen Remodel
Designed by Peg Perren, Cabinet-S-Top, Medina, OH.
Initial Budget: $38,000
Final Cost: $39,000.
- Update a 20-year-old, builder-quality kitchen.
- Create an Old World look.
- Improve efficiency of workspace to suit two cooks.
- Remove soffits, especially the one over the island.
- Replace dated tile floor with new tile in kitchen and entry.
- Install new and better lighting.
- Moved refrigerator to more convenient place next to pantry.
- Removed soffits to allow for cabinets of varied heights, and to open space visually over island.
- Created focal point from family room with large hood and backsplash.
- Angled base cabinet to allow easier access through narrow dining room doorway.
- Included an 18-inch deep microwave wall cabinet with left end extended to hide kitchen appliances from view of family room.
Cabinets: Medallion Cabinetry in maple with a cashew stain and raised-panel doors. Beadboard panels on custom wooden hood and island. Accessories: Roll-out shelves, trash pull-out, appliance garage, full-extension drawer glides, lazy Susan, burnished chrome cup pulls and knobs, undercabinet lights, and crown molding with rope insert.
Appliances: Pro-style stainless steel slide-in gas range. Dishwasher with cabinet panel.
Countertops: Granite countertop on island; laminate countertop with beveled edge on the perimeter.
Backsplash: 4-inch by 4-inch stone-like ceramic tile on a diagonal with sunflower raised decos.
Flooring: 12-inch by 12-inch ceramic tile floor with 2-inch by 2-inch teal deco inserts
Sink: American Standard apron-front farm sink
Faucet: High-arc Delta faucet in brushed nickel with separate sprayer and filtered-water faucet
Lighting: Recessed lights