Kitchen Under $40,000 1
An Efficient, Organized Kitchen
Initial Budget: $35,393
Final Cost: $38,691. The following client-selected changes increased the price: Adding a new front door and more trim work, and installing the floor tile on the diagonal, which required more labor.
- Organize, organize, organize!
- Bring in more light.
- Increase efficiency.
- Incorporate ample display space for collectibles.
- Create a soft, warm and welcoming kitchen.
- Relocated the appliances and sink to accommodate new layout.
- Removed existing closet and replace with new coordinating pantry cabinet.
- Bumped out open shelving unit to create visual interest and prominent display area. Mullioned glass doors on the flanking cabinets provided additional display space.
- Used an appliance garage to conceal most countertop appliances.
- Replaced double-hung window with an awning window.
- Repositioned the sink to establish a better work triangle and more efficient use of the countertop space.
- Replaced a fluorescent fixture with 4-inch and 6-inch recessed lights and undercabinet lighting.
Cabinets: Option Kitchen stock and semi-custom frameless maple cabinets with a pearl finish. Beaded Shaker doors and glass doors. Dovetailed drawers with undermount glides. Accessories: Roll-out shelves, lazy Susan, recycle bins, tilt-out sink front, appliance garage, stacked moldings. Porcelain knobs with satin nickel back plates.
Appliances: Re-use of existing range. Client purchased Amana refrigerator, GE 18-inch dishwasher and GE Spacemaker microwave separately; cost is not included in budget.
Countertops: Corian in Maui color with full-height backsplash.
Flooring: Provenza tile in the Enigma style and Altamira color; 12-inch by 12-inch, 6-inch by 6-inch, 6-inch by12-inch cut from 12-inch by 12-inch
Sink: Corian 871 large single-bowl sink in Bisque with stainless strainer.
Faucet: Grohe Ladylux Plus stainless steel faucet with black pull-out spray and stainless steel soap dispenser.
Lighting: 4-inch and 6-inch recessed lights; Sea Gull ambient lighting.