Traditional Style Remodel
Designed by Bob Strangeway, Willowood Designs, Naples, FL
Initial Budget: $49,000
Final Cost: $45,000. The budget only included cabinets, appliances, countertops and labor. The project came in under budget because the custom cabinets cost less than anticipated.
- Integrate appliances.
- Transform a bilevel island into a single level to create more continuous countertop space.
- Create a traditional, hand-painted and glazed look.
- Increase storage.
- Removed soffits to increase cabinet height and therefore storage space.
- Enhanced traditional look with tall crown molding.
- Included rollouts, pullouts and deep pan drawers on either side of range for organization and storage.
- Relocated a combination oven/microwave to the island food preparation area.
- Installed a built-in range and refrigerator.
- Added a china cabinet for fine dishware.
- Featured a traditional custom hood.
- Created a single-level island with plenty of countertop space.
Cabinets: Custom maple cabinetry on the perimeter with square, raised-panel doors with an applied molding. Painted finish with a pongee fume brown glaze. Dovetailed drawers with full-extension slides. A glazed dark cherry island with turned legs and beadboard paneling. Accessories: Pull-out trash bin, split onlays, detailed end posts and four-part crown molding with a dentil insert and crown extension.
Appliances: Integrated 48-inch Sub-Zero refrigerator, 30-inch Thermador wall oven, Thermador touch-control ceramic cooktop and GE Monogram built-in wine cooler. Kept GE Advantium combination oven/microwave.
Countertops: 3-centimeter Santa Cecelia granite
Backsplash: Tumbled marble
Lighting: Undercabinet lighting and multiple 12-volt pendant lights.